Saturday, March 13, 2010

icecream

We walked towards the road, silently. "Ice cream?", she asked. I woke up from my thoughts,"Huh, in this winter?"; paused for a while she waited for approval. "okay fine, it will be fun", I finally said.
"cornetto", I told the eager ice-cream vendor(I don't really remember which ice cream I ordered). He fished into the box quickly and had a cone in his hand and quoted the money. It was awkward when I asked,"you have just one left?". He started smiling,"sab log to ek hi lete hain sir !". It was as funny as it was embarrassing  I was laughing uncontrollably inside. I somehow suppressed my laughter and waited for her to clarify than me saying something stupid. Realizing I wont say anything, she quickly controlled the scene,"give us two, we eat more". It almost had me in splits...but I thought it would be much better to just enjoy the ice-cream.

No comments: